Sunday, February 11, 2007

Bits and Pieces

...Checked into a hotel for a real-life reason with a female business associate. I meet her in the lobby to go for dinner, and she says, “This place is Hooker Central! A woman just got in the elevator in a tank top, wrap skirt and platform sandals!” (it’s ten degrees out). I, meanwhile, am thinking that if I want to do any business after my associate flies out tomorrow, I will need to move next door to the Radisson. There is no way a client walking through the dark, smoke-smelling hallways here would believe I’m worth what I charge. The next morning, I am in my room talking on the phone very loudly and with the Do Not Disturb sign on, and a man I think was maintenance opens my door without knocking. I yell “Occupied! Go away! No!” and phone the desk to complain...

...When my friend PowerGirl (knows) dropped me off at the airport, I told her that I was filled with the urge to respond, “Actually, I’m a whore,” when my seatmate asks me what I do. Sadly, on both outbound and inbound flights, I sit alone...

...Feeling astonishingly adventurous, I spend time perusing the clearance rack at Urban Outfitters (or, as I like to think of it, Hipper Than Thou) and try on a black, flowy, smock-like garment that should make me look like a baby hippo, but against all odds, does not. I am so mystified that I purchase it...

...I realize that Lover has made hardly an appearance yet within these posts. I can’t think where to start. My first spanking, at the Mississippi Welcome Station? Masquerading as a streetwalker in Toronto? The time we used the buckle end? Hmmm...

No comments: